Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please open your JavaScript console if the webpage does not function normally
Printer-friendly:
Please press Ctrl + P to print
FontSize:
For IE6 users, please press ALT + V → X → (G) Largest (L) Large (M) Medium (S) Small (A) Smallest to choose the font size.
For IE7(above)/Firefox users, please press Ctrl + (+) enlarge / (-)reduce to change the font size.

Employers may enroll retirees rejoining the workforce in occupational accident insurance under the labor insurance program to ensure their rights and interests

     As Taiwan has become an aging society, more and more retirees who are already receiving or have received labor insurance old-age benefits are choosing to rejoin the workforce for economic reasons or personal interest. According to the Bureau of Labor Insurance (BLI), despite the fact that these workers are no longer qualified for ordinary insurance coverage under the labor insurance program, employers may still enroll them in occupational accident insurance under the labor insurance program. Even if a worker is aged above 65 and has received civil servant and teacher insurance pension benefits, retirement payments under the military personnel pension program, the welfare allowance for elderly farmers or the old-age pension payment under the national pension insurance program, the employer may still enroll the worker in occupational accident insurance under the labor insurance program. Employers are therefore reminded to pay special attention to the insurance benefits of these retirees who have rejoined the workforce.

     The premiums for occupational accident insurance under the labor insurance program shall be paid entirely by the employer. By paying a small amount of premium for participating employees, the employer helps relieve the financial burden of employees and their families when they encounter occupational accidents and need a period of time for recovery. For the employer, the occupational accident benefits received under the labor insurance program may count as a deductible from the compensation payable by the employer prescribed in Article 59 of the Labor Standards Act. This helps lessen the financial burden of the employer and contributes to the sustainable development of the company, and is therefore a win-win solution for both workers and employers.
PreviousFrom January, 1 2019 onward, the premium rate of Ordinary Insurance in the Labor Insurance will be increased by 0.5%, to 10% of the insured person's monthly insurance salary; in addition, there will be a 1% Employment Insurance premium increase, for a total of 11% NextBureau of Labor Insurance to check taxed income data and proactively made upward adjustments if insurance salary for labor/employment insurance or labor pension is understated
Last Update:2018-12-03
TOP BACK