Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please open your JavaScript console if the webpage does not function normally
Please press Ctrl + P to print
For IE6 users, please press ALT + V → X → (G) Largest (L) Large (M) Medium (S) Small (A) Smallest to choose the font size.
For IE7(above)/Firefox users, please press Ctrl + (+) enlarge / (-)reduce to change the font size.

3. If the dependent of a foreign labor dies, could the insured foreign labor claim funeral grant? What are the documents Required?

  1. If the parents, spouse or children of insured foreign labors die, the insured foreign labor could claim funeral grant according to the regulation in Article 62 of the Labor Insurance Act.
  2. Death certificate, kinship certificate (including the household information or the birth certificate) and copies of the beneficiary's passport and ARC should be enclosed with application form.
  3. If the related documents are made by foreign governments or organizations, they should be verified or certified by the following organizations and agencies:
    (1) If the certificate is made abroad, it should be certified by a ROC embassy, representative offices, liaison office or any other organization authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (the diplomatic agencies); If the certificate is issued by a foreign ambassador agencies in Taiwan or authorized institutions, it should be verified and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
    (2) If the certificate is completed and issued in Mainland China area, it should be certified by a notary public office of the People’s Republic of China and then authenticated by the Straits Exchange Foundation.
    (3) If the certificate is completed and issued in Hong Kong or Macau, it should be certified by the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Hong Kong or Macau.
    (4) Documents that are written in a foreign language should also include a Chinese translation under the certification of the agencies listed above or the notary in Taiwan.
Last Update:2024-05-06