Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please open your JavaScript console if the webpage does not function normally
Please press Ctrl + P to print
For IE6 users, please press ALT + V → X → (G) Largest (L) Large (M) Medium (S) Small (A) Smallest to choose the font size.
For IE7(above)/Firefox users, please press Ctrl + (+) enlarge / (-)reduce to change the font size.

Students taking part-time jobs shall be entitled to discounted medical expenses when accidentally injured at work and receiving medical treatments as an insured person of labor insurance occupational accident coverage.

Many students choose to take part-time jobs to make money and build up work experience. According to the Bureau of Labor Insurance (BLI), if a student, who is lawfully covered by labor insurance during the period of part-time work, requires in-patient or out-patient services due to accidental injuries at work, on the way to or from work, or when providing delivery services outside of the office, he/she may, based on relevant regulations set forth in the "Regulations of the Examination of Injuries and Diseases Resulting from the Performance of Duties by the Insured Persons of the Labor Insurance Program", visit any NHI-designated hospitals/clinics and present his/her NHI card, and the "Application for Labor Insurance Occupational Injury/Illness Hospitalization" or "Labor Insurance Occupational Injury/Illness Clinic Form" issued by the insured unit. The student shall be exempted from the co-payments stipulated by the NHI and the 50% amount in hospital meal charges within 30 days of hospitalization, thereby enjoying a saving in medical expenses.

For example, Xiaokwei was a university student and worked part-time in a restaurant. She was covered by the labor insurance. Due to an accident, Xiaokwei was burned when cooking and was sent for emergency care in a hospital. The original charge for her, as an insured person of NHI, would be NT$790 (registration fee NT$240 and co-payment NT$550). Xiaokwei, however, only needed to pay NT$240 and was exempted from the co-payment (NT$550) since she had presented the "Labor Insurance Occupational Injury/Illness Clinic Form" when receiving the medical services.

The BLI, particularly, reminded the insured persons that if they were unable to obtain the Occupational Disease/Injury Medical Treatment Form in time due to emergency, they may firstly receive the medical care as an NHI insured person and request for reimbursement of the advanced medical expenses from the hospital/clinic originally providing such services at a later stage. In this case, they should present their NHI card, Occupational Accident Medical Treatment Form, and the original medical receipts within 10 days of medical services (not including holidays) or before being discharged from the hospital. If the insured person is still unable to claim reimbursement from the hospital/clinic within 10 days, he/she may file the claim to the BLI to refund the advanced fee within six months (or five years, if he/she requires a prolonged period of medical care), so as to safeguard his/her rights and interests under the occupational accident insurance of Labor Insurance. For detailed explanation about the eligibility, benefit levels and claim procedures for occupational accident medical benefits, please visit the BLI's global website.
PreviousInformation on 2020 Distributed Earnings of Labor Pension Fund (New Scheme) Is Now Available for Inquiry through Individual Labor Pension Accounts NextNow It's the Peak Season for Job Changes! Please Remember to Enroll Your New Employees in Labor Insurance and Employment Insurance on the First Day of Employment to Ensure Good Protection of Workers' Rights.
Last Update:2021-03-08