Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please open your JavaScript console if the webpage does not function normally
Please press Ctrl + P to print
For IE6 users, please press ALT + V → X → (G) Largest (L) Large (M) Medium (S) Small (A) Smallest to choose the font size.
For IE7(above)/Firefox users, please press Ctrl + (+) enlarge / (-)reduce to change the font size.

4. If a retired laborer has claimed old-age benefits and then is hired again to a job, whether the employer should contribute labor pension for the employee? When can he/she claim the labor pension?

When you retire, what you claim from the Bureau is Labor Insurance Old-Age Benefits, not Labor Pension. The old-age benefits and labor pension are different social security schemes and make double protection. As long as the laborer (including Taiwanese citizens; foreign spouses; spouses from mainland, Hong Kong, or Macau; and permanent resident foreigners) could apply to Labor Standards Act and be hired again, even though the labor has retired and claimed old-age benefits, the employer should contribute labor pension for the employee according to regulations. Once laborer reaches the age of 60, he/she may apply to the BLI to claim the labor pension.

Last Update:2019-08-06