Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please open your JavaScript console if the webpage does not function normally
Please press Ctrl + P to print
For IE6 users, please press ALT + V → X → (G) Largest (L) Large (M) Medium (S) Small (A) Smallest to choose the font size.
For IE7(above)/Firefox users, please press Ctrl + (+) enlarge / (-)reduce to change the font size.

16. How should the self-employed operators contribute pension?

The self-employed operator, who shall not hire anyone, can voluntarily contribute to labor pension by paying an amount within the range of 6% of his/her monthly contribution wage. The exact amount shall be decided on the basis of the grade of monthly contribution wage which his/her income belongs to as defined in the Monthly Contribution Classification of Labor Pension, which contains totally 61 grades--from the first grade of NT$1,500 to the 61st grade of NT$150,000. He/she should voluntarily contribute per month by means of automatic transfer until he/she reaches the age of 60. At that time he/she may collect the principal and the profits accrued in his/her personal pension account.

If a self-employed operator decides to voluntarily contribute pension, he/she should fill out the Application for the Self-employed Operator’s Voluntary Contributions of Labor Pension and the Self-employed Operator’s Authorization for Transfers as Contributions of Labor Pension, submit or mail them together with a photocopy of his/her ID card to the BLI for processing. If the self-employed operator is a spouse with foreign nationality or a spouse from China, Hong Kong or Macau, he/she should submit a photocopy of his/her Alien Resident Card instead of ID card.

Last Update:2020-11-30