Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please open your JavaScript console if the webpage does not function normally
Please press Ctrl + P to print
For IE6 users, please press ALT + V → X → (G) Largest (L) Large (M) Medium (S) Small (A) Smallest to choose the font size.
For IE7(above)/Firefox users, please press Ctrl + (+) enlarge / (-)reduce to change the font size.

6. In the event that an insured person is dead, and has divorced with his/her spouse and has under age children, how could his/her beneficiary apply for death compensation?

  1. If the beneficiary is still under age and its biological father (mother) is still alive, even though he/she has divorced with the insured person, he/she is still the legal representative of the beneficiary according to the laws, so the beneficiary’s biological father (mother) could sign and affix his/her seal for collecting the payment.
  2. If the both of the parents are unable to exercise and shoulder the rights and duties for their under age children, a supervisor could be appointed according to Article 1094 of the Civil Code. If a supervisor is not appointed, the insured units may notify the insurer. Under such circumstances, survivors' benefits shall be deposited (with interests) by the insurer.
Last Update:2016-02-19