Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please open your JavaScript console if the webpage does not function normally
Please press Ctrl + P to print
For IE6 users, please press ALT + V → X → (G) Largest (L) Large (M) Medium (S) Small (A) Smallest to choose the font size.
For IE7(above)/Firefox users, please press Ctrl + (+) enlarge / (-)reduce to change the font size.

13. Can I apply for extra unemployment benefits or vocational training living allowance if I have minor stepchildren?

According to Article 19-1 of the Employment Insurance Act, "dependents" refer to the insured person's non-working parents, spouse, minor children or children with mental or physical impairment. The children mentioned in the preceding sentence refer to legitimate children (who are born with the conception during the marriage relationship) or children adopted in accordance with regulations of the Civil Code, and exclude stepchildren who are not adopted following the regulations of the Civil Code.

Last Update:2022-02-09