Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please open your JavaScript console if the webpage does not function normally
Please press Ctrl + P to print
For IE6 users, please press ALT + V → X → (G) Largest (L) Large (M) Medium (S) Small (A) Smallest to choose the font size.
For IE7(above)/Firefox users, please press Ctrl + (+) enlarge / (-)reduce to change the font size.

Pay Attention to Enroll in Labor, Employment and Labor Occupational Accident Insurance and Contribute to Labor Pension when Taking Summer Jobs

Students often work part-time during the summer vacation. Employers are reminded that they should enroll summer part-time workers under labor insurance, employment insurance and labor occupational accident insurance, and contribute to labor pensions in order to safeguard employees' rights to related insurance and pensions and avoid penalties.

The BLI emphasized that business entities employing five or more employees (including part-time workers) should enroll their employees under labor insurance, employment insurance and occupational labor accident insurance. Business entities with less than 5 employees should enroll their employees in employment insurance and labor occupational accident insurance and that they can voluntarily enroll employees in labor insurance. In addition, if the Labor Standards Act applies to the employing entities, employers are also required to contribute to the labor pension for their employees. Employers are reminded that they should enroll a new employee to the aforementioned insurance and labor pension on the day of the employee's arrival at work. If a part-time worker is employed, please make sure to check or mark "part-time" on the insurance enrollment (contribution) form or in the reporting system to facilitate the correct calculation of labor (employment and labor occupational accident) insurance premiums and labor pensions.

In order to facilitate enrollment filing procedures, insured units can apply for the establishment of an insured unit online with their business license and citizen digital certificate of the business owner at the e-service system of the BLI After the successful application, the insured unit will become an online insured unit and the business entity can then enroll and withdraw employees in the insurance and report salary adjustments online. It can also use the online application function to apply for labor pension payments. All insured units are welcome to avail of the e-services offered.

When students are employed in part-time work during the summer vacation, they face the same working environment as ordinary workers, but they may be less familiar with the workflow and other factors, which will certainly increase the risk of work accidents. Employers should follow regulations and enroll part-time employees under the relevant statutory insurance to protect the safety of part-time employees. Employers are also reminded not to assume that students are not required to enroll in labor insurance (employment insurance, labor occupational accident insurance) because they are already covered by the National Health Insurance as dependents. In addition, please remember to file a labor pension contribution to protect the rights of part-time students!
PreviousRegularly Apply for Health Tracking Checkups for the Prevention of Occupational Diseases to Better Protect Workers' Health Rights NextWith Effect from May 1, 2022, Workers Covered by Occupational Accident Insurance May Claim Reimbursement when they Choose to Use National Health Insurance Partially Covered Special Materials
Last Update:2022-08-04