Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please open your JavaScript console if the webpage does not function normally
Please press Ctrl + P to print
For IE6 users, please press ALT + V → X → (G) Largest (L) Large (M) Medium (S) Small (A) Smallest to choose the font size.
For IE7(above)/Firefox users, please press Ctrl + (+) enlarge / (-)reduce to change the font size.

6. How to claim the survivor benefit if the insured passes away, have divorced his/her spouse, and the child(s) is minor?

  1. If the beneficiary is a minor and the biological father (mother) is still alive, although he/she has divorced the insured, he/she remains to be the legal representative of the beneficiary according to law. The application shall be countersigned and stamped by the father (mother), and a copy of the legal representative's current address and household registration transcript shall be submitted.
  2. Parents who are unable to exercise or bear the rights and obligations of their minor may designate a guardian in accordance with Article 1094 of the Civil Code. If there is no guardian, the insured unit to which the insured affiliates may notify the Bureau to apply for survivor allowances or pension (with interests accumulated).
Last Update:2022-09-13