Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please open your JavaScript console if the webpage does not function normally
Please press Ctrl + P to print
For IE6 users, please press ALT + V → X → (G) Largest (L) Large (M) Medium (S) Small (A) Smallest to choose the font size.
For IE7(above)/Firefox users, please press Ctrl + (+) enlarge / (-)reduce to change the font size.

6.My employer owes me salary. Can I claim for payment from the Wage Arrears Payment Fund?

Claim for the payment is only acceptable when the default company has been closed down, liquidated or has declared bankruptcy. In addition, the worker should have claimed the wages, pensions or severance pay payment from the employer, and the claim has been proved unsuccessful. The Company shall not be considered “closed down, liquidated or has declared bankruptcy” if it is still in operation or is likely to resume the business after the current suspension. The worker is not entitled to claim for the Wage Arrears Payment at this stage. He/she, however, may contact the local competent authority in charge of labor affairs for coordination services and claim the overdue wages, pensions or severance pay from the employer.

Last Update:2019-11-09