Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please open your JavaScript console if the webpage does not function normally
Please press Ctrl + P to print
For IE6 users, please press ALT + V → X → (G) Largest (L) Large (M) Medium (S) Small (A) Smallest to choose the font size.
For IE7(above)/Firefox users, please press Ctrl + (+) enlarge / (-)reduce to change the font size.

30. I was laid off and currently receiving unemployment benefits. Can I continue to participate in labor insurance?

  1. For insured persons who have participated in labor insurance for a total of 15 years and are then laid off but are not qualified for old-age benefits, their original insured unit or groups commissioned by the Bureau (e.g., occupational union, allied association, federation of labor) may enroll them in the Bureau's ordinary accident insurance within 2 years starting from the day the insured person resigned and withdrew from insurance. Alternatively, insured persons may directly apply for ordinary accident insurance as an individual unit with the Bureau. They may participate in such insurance until they reach the age they are entitled to claim one time old-age benefits, without influencing their rights to unemployment benefits.
  2. Regarding regulations and handling procedure for laid off employees to continue insurance coverage, please visit the web page "Laid-off insured persons continuing insurance coverage" for inquiries.

Last Update:2022-09-13