Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please open your JavaScript console if the webpage does not function normally
Please press Ctrl + P to print
For IE6 users, please press ALT + V → X → (G) Largest (L) Large (M) Medium (S) Small (A) Smallest to choose the font size.
For IE7(above)/Firefox users, please press Ctrl + (+) enlarge / (-)reduce to change the font size.

18. If a person in charge has a job and has participated in labor insurance for more than one year, can the person apply for unpaid parental leave allowances?

No, they may not. Labor and employment insurances are two different insurance categories, each with distinct legal basis, applicable subjects, and payment items. Unpaid parental leave allowances is associated with the Employment Insurance Act. However, according to the Employment Insurance Act, employees aged between 15 and 65 years should be insured under the insured unit of their employers or affiliated institution. Those participating in the employment insurance are the insured persons. Therefore, the person in charge is not a part of the applicable scope of the Employment Insurance Act and does not pay employment insurance premium to the Bureau of Labor Insurance, and thus, may not apply for unpaid parental leave allowances.

Last Update:2019-10-21