Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please open your JavaScript console if the webpage does not function normally
Please press Ctrl + P to print
For IE6 users, please press ALT + V → X → (G) Largest (L) Large (M) Medium (S) Small (A) Smallest to choose the font size.
For IE7(above)/Firefox users, please press Ctrl + (+) enlarge / (-)reduce to change the font size.
Business Topic

Calculation of Premium and Delivery of Payment Slip

Calculation of premium

The premium for labor occupational accident insurance is calculated based on the insured's monthly insured salary and premium rate for the current month. Labor Occupational accident insurance premium rates are divided into "industry accident fee rate" and "single rate for accidents on the way to/from work". Industry-specific accident fee rates apply different rates according to the nature of each industry; the single rate for accidents on the way to/from work is calculated at 0.07%. According to the current "Table of Business Category and Premium Applicable for the Occupational Accident of Labor Insurance " promulgated on January 1, 2022, the minimum is 0.11% and the maximum is 0.93%.  

How the insurance rates are set

  1. Experience rate: the insurance rate of labor occupational accident insurance adopts the experience rate system, which is adjusted every 3 years. Such rate shall be formulated by the central competent authority based on the actual income and expenditure of insurance and the actuarial results, and shall be reported to the Executive Yuan for approval before promulgation.
  2. Merit rate: for insured units that employ a certain number of employees or more, the industry accident fee rate adopts the merit rate system. The annual calculation and adjustment shall be made according to the total   labor occupational accident insurance payment in the last three years to the total insurance premium payable and the occupational safety and health situation.

Ratio for sharing insurance premium

  1. Employees employed by employers publicly announced by the central competent authority other than those under the first paragraph of Article 6 and employers who actually participate in the work:the labor occupational accident insurance premium shall be fully borne by the insured unit.
  2. Seafarers by employed foreign employers are members of the National Chinese Seamen’s Union or the Master Mariners Association: the insured persons shall bear 80% and the central government shall subsidize the remaining 20%.

Frequency for the delivery of payment slip

The payment slips of labor occupational accident insurance premiums for general units shall be delivered by the 25th of the month following the premium month. For the units that also apply for the labor insurance, the labor occupational accident insurance premium and the labor insurance premium will be specified in the same payment slip to be delivered.

Last Update:2022-09-14