Your browser does not support JavaScript. Please open your JavaScript console if the webpage does not function normally
Please press Ctrl + P to print
For IE6 users, please press ALT + V → X → (G) Largest (L) Large (M) Medium (S) Small (A) Smallest to choose the font size.
For IE7(above)/Firefox users, please press Ctrl + (+) enlarge / (-)reduce to change the font size.

27. Can an insured person who is on sick leave apply for insurance withdrawal?

  1. Insured persons who applied for leave due to injury or sickness may not withdraw their insurance; only when their employment relationship is terminated can they withdraw from insurance.
  2. Insured persons who have not yet recovered after their sick leave may apply for unpaid sick leave and continue to participate in insurance if their insured unit approves of their unpaid leave. The insured unit shall complete the application form for continuing insurance coverage during unpaid leave, attach it with a hospital or clinic diagnostic report, and submit it to the Bureau of Labor Insurance for registration. Regarding the insurance premium, the parts borne by the insured unit shall still be borne by the insured unit, and the parts borne by the insured person shall be deducted from their insurance benefit. For those who do not receive benefits, the insured unit shall pay for them first and then claim it from the insured person thereafter. Regarding the maximum period for extending the insurance coverage period during unpaid leave, it is a maximum of 1 year for ordinary injury or sickness and 2 years for occupational accident. The insured person shall withdraw from the insurance if the insured person exceeds the maximum period.

Last Update:2021-09-29